Meghan Markle and Prince Harry ‘keep their options open’ on UK return
Meghan Markle and her husband, prince harrythey are expected to return to the UK for the platinum jubilee celebrations this weekend. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex confirmed their attendance earlier this month and said they were “thrilled and honored” to mark the milestone with the Queen. His return had been the subject of massive speculation, as just weeks before, Harry told NBC’s Hoda Kotb that he didn’t know if he and his family would attend.
While they will appear at some events, it has been confirmed that the Sussexes will not appear on the balcony of Buckingham Palace during Trooping the Color on Thursday, as they are only active members of the Royal family will accompany the Queen to see the flight.
They are expected to attend the Thanksgiving Service at St Paul’s Cathedral on Friday, but details of their participation over the weekend of celebration have yet to be confirmed, reportedly causing “frustration” among Jubilee organizers. .
Hilary Rose, writer and columnist, wrote for The Times: “Exactly where and when the Sussexes will appear remains unclear, and is said to be a source of frustration for jubilee organisers.
“The fact that they’re coming is something of a miracle, given that it’s been just over a year since Meghan told her Oprah her life in England made her suicidal and only a few months after Harry sued the British government over his security arrangements.”
Meghan and Harry’s Jubilee plans remain unclear.
Meghan and Harry stepped down from their roles in the Royal Family in 2020.
During her now-infamous interview with Oprah Winfrey, Meghan opened up about her struggles with mental health, namely dealing with suicidal thoughts during her time as a working royal.
The revelation came when Oprah asked the Duchess about the toll the media treatment took on her, along with the “lack of support and understanding” from the Firm.
Meghan hadn’t been back to the UK for two years, until she and Harry made a secret stopover en route to the Netherlands for the Invictus Games in April.
His visit came amid the Duke’s legal battle with the Home Office over a decision that prevents him from paying for his own police protection while in the UK.
Meghan and Harry sat down for an interview with Oprah Winfrey in 2021.
Harry had previously said he “doesn’t feel safe” bringing his family back to his home country without such protection.
However, to mark the Jubilee, Meghan and Harry will return to the UK with their two children. archie harrisonthree and lilibet dianawho turns one on Saturday, and “heightened security measures” are reportedly already being implemented at Frogmore Cottage, where the family is expected to stay during their visit.
Ms Rose claims its proximity to the Queen’s main residence, Windsor Castle, suggests the Sussexes may join the monarch’s convoy to London.
She wrote: “When they fly this week, the Sussex venue will be Frogmore Cottage, which is a ten minute walk from the Queen’s apartments at Windsor Castle and raises the possibility that they will join the Queen’s convoy when it head to London.”
Speculation over whether Harry and Meghan will ever return to the fold was reignited when it emerged that the couple had renewed their lease on the Windsor estate.
DO NOT MISS:
Meghan and Harry received olive branch with ‘surprise balcony appearance’ [REVEAL]
Meghan’s ‘political gesture’ analyzed – ‘First Lady’ mannerism exposed [INSIGHT]
Prince Harry ‘very much enjoying’ Netflix cameras ahead of Jubilee [ANALYSIS]
Meghan and Harry will be accompanied by their two children.
But the couple has already left the cabin and will divide their time between the picturesque Portuguese coast and London.
This move coupled with Harry and Meghan’s lease renewal could suggest the property remains empty ready for the Sussexes to spend more time in the UK.
A source told The Sun on Sunday: “It’s a huge sign that they’re not going away.
“They could easily give up Frogmore because their life is now in California.
The Sussexes will stay at Frogmore Cottage, their former royal residence.
“Now they can come and go as they please.
“Next year could be one of the most tumultuous in royal history and the Sussexes are making sure they have a foothold in Windsor.”
If you are struggling with suicidal thoughts, know that you are not alone and that help is available. Contact any of the following. In the UK, you can call Samaritans free of charge on 116 123 (the number will not appear on your phone bill) or send an email firstname.lastname@example.org. In the United States, The National Suicide Prevention Lifeline is a network of more than 160 crisis centers that provide 24-hour service through a toll-free hotline at 00-1-800-273-8255. Lifeline is a national charity that provides all Australians experiencing a personal crisis with access to 24-hour crisis support and suicide prevention services. Call 11-13-14. Help is ALWAYS available. If you need it, come closer.